Monday, August 9, 2010

One-on-One




I revel in the time I can spend alone with each of my daughters. There's something about having my full attention, even when shopping, that allows them to shine, giggle and share tender moments together.

Tonight I took my 3YO Dauntless Daughter to Costco for an 8pm shopping replenishing run. She also demanded kiwis and raspberries.


There was this annoying fly that was obsessed with buzzing around her and landing on her. My girls are like me. We don't like bugs. So she was becoming agitated and scared. At one point we moved a couple aisles and it was still there and had the nerve to touch her eye!

DD: I know why the fly keeps flying by me?
QS: Why?
DD: It's because I smell so good.



On the car ride home we were listening to Mindy Gledhill's Anchor CD.

DD: Do the bees, flies and bugs like music?
QS: I don't know.
DD: I think they do. I think they want to come in our car and dance.


...I wish I could share how happy I feel right now with the world... we'd have a lot more peace if we could all feel this way. Grateful for moments like these.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are such a good mom. And a fun one.

QueenScarlett said...

I don't know about that... ;-) But thank you my dear pengyou. I hope when they look back they think of me as fun... and not grumpy. ;-)