Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happiness Post:: Post 13



Great books make me happy. Especially ones with quotes that resonate with me even after I've closed the covers.

My twitter friend @Voldematt recommended a gorgeous read - The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

p. 225
"Excuse me, but these ladies over there want to know if you could use more respectable language."
"They can mind their own bloody business," answered Fermin in a loud voice.
The conductor turned toward the three ladies and shrugged, to indicate that he had done what he could and was not inclined to get involved in a scuffle over a matter of semantic modesty.
"People who have no life always have to stick their noses in the life of others," said Fermin. "What were we talking about?"


This quote adequately expresses what I feel about people who have such small, insignificant lives, they can't help it but to butt into other people's lives.

Books make me happy. Clever, profound quotes make me start skipping merrily around.



Photobucket


2 comments:

Marla said...

Books are great. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Anonymous said...

Haha, I actually linked up a book, too. :)
Love your stack, both photo- and contentwise.