Monday, November 10, 2008

Unconditional Love

Yesterday at Church I heard a great talk about love. Real, Christ-like love isn't loving someone because of..., if they..., there are no preconditions, or reasons why you love someone. Real, unconditional love is "I love you, even though..." This idea is new to me - not something I was raised with. So it's almost cleansing to finally hear about this pure kind of love.

I remember when my hubby and I were first married. We always sat close together and cuddled. We were always rubbing each other's arms and hands, or scratching each other's backs. We aren't able to sustain that over an entire Sacrament meeting with two little girls seeking our attention - but we manage to find the time to do something - to touch each other....I like that.

Yesterday, I saw this cute couple at Church - and to me - it symbolized love.


...I know I need to work on loving those who... even though they mistreat me, or curse me... or hurt me over and over... I know it'll take time - but I hope one day to be able to extend that love to those who would never extend that kind of love to me.

I suppose that's why I'm even more grateful for the love of my hubby, my girls, and my Savior.

No comments: