Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Spinning out of control


I don't know how you're feeling this year, but I am losing my grip on... pretty much everything.

It feels like those nightmares I had as a kid. I was trying climb up this steep gravel hill, but with every step I just slid further and further down at an alarming rate, with nothing to hold onto, until I woke up in a cold sweat, momentarily, safe in my bed.

That's how it feels as the end of the year approaches. Let's add to that a mix of self-diagnosed, early dementia. I feel like I forget things all the time. Or nearly forget, or double, triple book things... which means, so much of what I enjoy doing this holiday is going on the back burner since time, or what little I can grasp in my fingers is dribbling out through the cracks at a heart-racing rate. ACK!

I'm scaring myself...

ps. ... We started the 12 days of reading Christmas picture books last night. Join me! Here are my posts on that from last year.

What are you reading?

No comments: