Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Feasting

Happy Friday.

This past weekend we were able to feast on the words of our Prophet and apostles. It was a great weekend ... one I hope to carry with me until the April when we get to do it all over again.

These are some pictures from how we enjoyed our conference weekend.



DD loves to flip through books - she actually begged me to read during a few talks. AGG loves to draw. I like to tweet conference. It's like taking electronic notes.

I know you're loving my heart pajamas. My lovely sister gave them to me last year. Yes, I wore those PJs for two full days...they are too soft and comfy to take off.

I made Martha Stewart's Applesauce-Spice Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting... and yes, it is really that good...and easy peasy.



We went to get Brunch at a local breakfast spot on Saturday...






We also enjoyed family cuddle time.

...there's nothing sweeter or more fulfilling and joyful... than being with my family. I am grateful everyday for these simple pleasures. I am grateful to know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me with an all-encompassing love. I am grateful for a Savior, Jesus Christ who constantly calls to us, and saves us. I am grateful to Joseph Smith who courageously asked our Father in Heaven what was right. I am grateful to the prophets and people who sacrificed so that I could read, conveniently, from the Book of Mormon, another Testament of Christ. I am grateful to our current Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and our apostles who lovingly lead us, guide us and teach us. I am grateful for the sealing powers of the priesthood and Temple ordinances that allow me to be united eternally with my own little family. I am grateful for the security I have in knowing that motherhood is the right place for me... and that I genuinely love it. It's hard not to feel so blessed ... in light of all these gifts. Dang we are a lucky people.

Have a fabulous weekend... my Hubby and I celebrate our 8th anniversary on the 10/10/09. In Chinese the number 8 is lucky... and 10 is the number of perfection... so I think I'm going to get perfectly lucky on Saturday... *wink, wink*

5 comments:

sue-donym said...

Well said.

We are blessed, aren't we?

Greek Goddess said...

Congrats on your anniversary. Enjoy your day. I know you will!

Deena said...

I love that picture of you and your girls on the couch. It looks comfy.

Happy Anniversary! Have fun.

QueenScarlett said...

sue-donym - thanks... we are. ;-)
Greek Goddess - hehe thanks...we will.
glittersmama - thanks... conf was great!

~j. said...

I loved the cuddle updates.