Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kids...


This is the old school bus, and little people I used to play with as a child.


Now my girls are playing with this Fisher Price toy.





They're using it to skateboard...

Avant Garde Gal and Dauntless Daughter...






Just the other day AGG took one of my thank you note card packs and wrapped it up in wrapping paper. She then wrote "To Mommy, Love Santa". She then explained that it was a gift from Santa - not her. Is this her subconscious telling her the "truth" about Santa? Or is this her little genius intuition? Whatever it is... she's a treasure.

Lately DD has been saying "but it takes too long!" when we ask her to finish eating her food. She says it takes too long when she feeds herself. She's been getting me to feed her... because she knows I'm a pushover when it comes to my kids. In fact today, when she wanted me to stand next to her while she washed her hands after using the bathroom, she fluttered her arms like a butterfly and smiled as she said, "that makes you smile momma." Yes, yes it does...and it instantly makes me less frustrated or irritated too...and she knows it.

I adore my smart cookies.

2 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

We still have those fisher price toys, too, and my kids play with them. We primarily have the dump trucks and stuff like that. I don't remember seeing that bus. Fun stuff.

QueenScarlett said...

We should pool our toys and have a play-fest. ;-)