Friday, June 12, 2009

Speechless...but plenty to write


I love authors. I love authors of great books. I love wondering what goes on in those fascinating minds. I usually email an author before a book group - if I'm in charge of that particular discussion that month.

I have never, ever gotten a response. That is... until yesterday.

I couldn't contain my excitement all day. Not only did the author write back - she was so personable and asked me if I had any questions. I was so thrilled, I spent the rest of the day agonizing over what I should ask.

I should also mention - I sent the email on Wed of this week - the response came the very next day, Thursday. I just sent off 10 questions to await answers.

I have officially turned into a total fangirl. Is that a word? I think most of us that blog have a deep-rooted desire to become real, published authors. I am no different. So when an author I adore acknowledges my existence, it's almost like being blessed by deity...almost.

Needless to say, not only am I fan because I love the book The Last Chinese Chef, and that she writes for Gourmet magazine and knows food...(and I love food) I am a huge fan because she also responded to my simple email plea.

Thank you Nicole Mones. YOU ROCK!

2 comments:

Holli said...

That' cool that she wrote to you. I loved that book.

QueenScarlett said...

So VERY COOL!

That book is BRILLIANT! ;-)