Monday, September 21, 2009

Epiphanies

Leah, Kim, SHERI DEW, Queen Scarlett, Shannon, Suzie

This past Fri/Sat I had the pleasure of going to Time Out for Women.

My friend Suzie organized a small group... I've found she is one of a handful of women I am lucky to be living around... that the more I spend time with them, the more I love them. I love women who inspire me, who I admire, and who are genuine. I am very, very blessed.

We celebrated my friend, Kim's birthday on Saturday, who is of that select handful of women that I admire.

I have so much to think about...and so much more to write down. But these past few weeks I've been limiting my Internet time so I can get to the business of living...and learning to be more organized with both kids in school, a large amount of volunteering - and finding a balance with my YW calling...and my more important calling as mother and wife.

So for now... a few thoughts that when spoken at the TOFW conference made my soul expand and jump for joy at the truth that resonated inside my heart.

"Obedience is NOT perfection." (Sheri Dew or Wendy Watson Nelson)

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (quoted by Sheri Dew): “Sometimes we act as though we’re going to stay here on this earth, when we aren’t, we can’t and we won’t.”

“When we focus on the world we don’t see the adversary or the Savior. When we FOCUS on the Savior we love and see Him, and we’re able to see the effects of the adversary and safeguard against him.” - Sheri Dew

Kris Belcher - in response to people telling her "Heavenly Father doesn't give us anything we can't handle" when she had a second bout of cancer that removed the sight of her second eye. Belcher said, "Of course we're given things we can't handle, why else would we have a Savior?"

Kim Nelson - "Be kind to yourself... treat yourself as you would your daughter, or someone else's daughter. Because you are a daughter of God."

"Never Even Once." - Wendy Watson Nelson


Never Even Once will I... take a sip of alcohol, smoke, drink caffeine, wear skimpy clothing, compare myself to others, etc....

Never Even Once will I forget... to get on my knees and pray, turn to the Savior to heal me, remember that He loves me as I am, to hug my children, adore my husband, be gentle to myself, etc...

ps. I was frantically scribbling notes through the two days... so the words may not be precise, but the meaning is there

4 comments:

Greek Goddess said...

Wish I could have been there with you, but thank you for the notes.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Yes, thank you for the notes. What a fun thing to go to! I'm so glad you got to go.

La Yen said...

So jealous! One day I want to go to this. I am so glad you were able to attend. I really like the quote about the atonement. It makes me feel good.

QueenScarlett said...

Greek Goddess - next year it's in Sacramento... want to go?? When are you due again? ;-)

Sister Pottymouth - it's awesome! So grateful for events like this.

La Yen - how about next year in Sac-town?? That's one of my fav quotes too. It was a "duh" moment for me... that made me sigh in relief.