Monday, September 7, 2009

Mommy, WOW! I'm a big kid now.


My little Dauntless Daughter has been clamoring for a year now to go to school. She is attending the same preschool her sister did. Last year when we had to drop her big sis at school, it was like pulling teeth to get DD back in the car to go home. She would throw a loud, angry, crying fit, and try to make it impossible for me to buckle that 5-part harness for her car seat. Then, the enjoyable 7-10 min ride home, with her screaming bloody murder the entire way.

Yeah, I think she was a little ticked I didn't leave her at school with her sister.

So this year, before school we let her pick out a lunchbox and a back pack. Both of which are Kai-Lan. She picked out her first day of school outfit and could not wait.

In fact, there's about a 40 min lag-time between when we drop off her big sis at Kindergarten and her start of preschool. During that time she kept forcefully stating, "I want to go to preschool RIGHT now!"

When we got there her excitement seemed to come down a few notches. Phantom left work to see her off on her first day. When her Daddy showed up he noticed her mood.

P: DD are you excited or nervous?
DD: Um, I'm a little bit nervous.

When she realized it was actually happening, I think the reality of being away from us hit her. She did cling a bit... she was nervously adorable.

I'll admit... I was sad to let her go.



At the end of the day with Avant Garde Gal in tow, we went to pick up DD. We were there a little early, just the tail end of their snack time. DD saw us peeking through the window in the door and immediately her face broke into a HUGE grin. She ran over to open the door for us. It was magical to see her own her space and excited to show us how proud she was.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I can't believe she is in preschool, I remember coming to your house when she was just a tiny baby. I love the first picture of her, what a cutie.

QueenScarlett said...

Crazy isn't it!

I love that pic of her too...

We miss you guys... and drool over your pictures.

Greek Goddess said...

So cute. Love the pics.

QueenScarlett said...

Thanks GG. She is my sassafras.