Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Apricot Compote Cheesecake Bars

Thank you Martha Stewart. These are simply divine.

For the delicious recipe - go here.
Thought I'd share some of the pictures I took while I made the cheesecake. I wish you could smell the sweet apricot aroma.




First you cook the apricots. The recipe says four - but I threw in one more. You cook it with sugar and a bit of salt.



It's ready when it looks like this.


Then you puree it with a lemon juice and water (I doubled the lemon juice) in a food processor.



This is the crust after it's been baked.


 Here's the cheesecake mix waiting for the apricot puree.




You just drop spoonfuls randomly. It's really fun.



 Then take a skewer and gently make your own designs. My girls thought these looked like dancing stars.




Voila - all done and baked... cool and then let it sit in your fridge for two hours. 




Dang I love apricots.




ps. I only took one bite. Just one. I am so proud of my discipline. I did freeze some for when I'm of my no sugar/carbs stint.

No comments: