Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happiness Post:: Post 30

Visits with old friends.




I absolutely love it when old friends come to visit and we have such a great time. At the end of the visit, you simply don't want them to leave because they have enriched your home with their joyful spirits. The conversations were invigorating, satisfying and lasted long into the wee hours of the morning. 


It's thrilling when our children are all bright, happy, funny, and enjoy each other's company. The food was plentiful, and bellies were happy. There was such a feeling of warmth and joy that permeated my home - and I reveled in it.
  


I was lucky to be at BYU with both Jon and Chastity - we all lived in the Foreign Language Student Residence at BYU. It is, bar none, the best place to live, and meet people who are not only intelligent, talented and fun - but people who enjoy learning, and experiencing the world outside of their comfort zones.







If I had my way, we'd all live in the same neighborhood, or our own compound, so our kids could associate with such fascinating people.





Jon is a creative genius, puppeteer, software guru, gospel whiz, stellar husband/father and friend. 
Chastity sings, plays the ukelele, throws knives, belly dances, does circus trapeze tricks, home schools, is a fabulous mother/wife and friend... 
and these are just a few of the things this couple does. 
It's no wonder I so enjoy their children.


It makes me feel so content and happy to know that people I respected and admired in my youth, are still people I respect and admire.






2 comments:

leigh hewett said...

Looks like SO much fun!

Jessica Monte said...

I love that bottom group photo! Hilarious! By the way, I found you via Leigh Vs. Laundry's Happiness Project, :-)