Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happiness Post:: Post 28


Yesterday after our Fourth of July fare I started washing the pots, pans and cookie sheets. I had only the wok and a cookie sheet left when my 6YO shouted excitedly, "I want to do that! Can I help?!"



Just a breath behind her, my 4YO shouted, "Me too! Me too! I want to too!"


For a moment, it seemed as if time had shifted, perhaps paused, and I had a momentary vision of what it would be like not to wash pots and pans anymore. I knew this fantasy would fade if I didn't react quickly, so through a fog of confusion I struggled to make my stunned tongue move itself into recognizable words.

"uh, YES, YES, YES... YAY! Now, get the step stool and get over here!"






Then as I supervised, they joyfully, enthusiastically washed up my wok and sheet.




O' glorious, glorious day of freedom.


Let independence reign!






By the by, Sunday evening our town had a fireworks show. Last year when we went we were in a spot where everyone else was and it took us 1.5 hours to leave the parking lot, after a 20 min show.




This year, we found our own private spot and left, with no traffic jams. We'll be there next year. We are not telling you where it is. 





Cheers!

No comments: