Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Peace


I am grateful to live in a country where we have elections, and whomever wins, wins. We move on. We plug away. We know that there will be more elections, and more discussions.

I am grateful to be an American.

Meanwhile, my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Cote d’Ivoire, especially my friend and her family who are stationed there. Unlike the US - their elections have, in the past ended in civil unrest and war. I am hopeful that this year the results will be different. I am hopeful that this year there will be peace, no matter what the outcome.

We often take our voting rights for granted. We are registered absentee... so we can avoid the lines, and we never miss a voting cycle. It's been so much easier to vote via envelope once we had kids.

Seeing examples of how precious a vote is to people of other nations makes me incredibly grateful for our process - despite it's fallacies.

Happy November!

No comments: