Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Week:: Native Americans, Pilgrims and Elves



I am grateful for Native Americans...



...and Pilgrims



...we celebrate with them, by thanking God for the blessings and bounty we are grateful to partake of. It's also a day of overwhelming, delicious gluttony, because I am grateful for a willing and able palate.


I am grateful for the Christmas season. We started a new tradition last year, thanks to my friend Sally who gave us "Elf on the Shelf". Elfie Star is back... so named by my daughters...and it is a joy to see them discover him in a new place each morning.








Yes, this year I put up the tree the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I love how my home feels when it's decked out with Christmas. I love how excited and thrilled my girls are running around excited and happy with this special time of year. Of course, I didn't anticipate them constantly asking when they can start on the advent candies either.


This season I'm also grateful for Hot Chocolate...


...and snuggling.

No comments: