Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandma Hands



While helping my girls practice piano my 6YO and I had this lovely conversation...




6YO: Wow mom. Your hands look old.

QS: Uh, gee, thanks.

6YO: What? They do. They look like Grandma's hands.

QS: Okay....

6YO: They look really, really old. 

QS: I think I get it.

6YO: Look at my hands. They look new. Are you 47?

QS: I'M NOT FORTY-SEVEN!!!

6YO: Your hands look like they're forty-seven.

QS: They are JUST DRY. I need to put lotion on them. Now leave me alone.



2 comments:

Gina Kleinworth said...

Sorry- I am sitting here laughing as I am reading this. Not AT you- but because I have had MANY conversations quite like this with my own kids. They say the funniest things- & don't even know.

QueenScarlett said...

I was laughing too... it was hard to keep up being indignant... because it was hilarious with how earnest she was. ;-)

Kids... they make life fun.