Monday, October 27, 2008

An Ongoing War of Words

My friend Vic sent me this great article. It's a reminder of what has happened before - and what will continue to happen during our time here. It's a call to recognition of what is happening. It's rally call to do what is right. The author, Gary Lawrence puts everything in crystal clear terms.

Wonder What the War in Heaven Was Like? Watch California This Fall
By Gary Lawrence

“There was a war in heaven,“ my dad said as he taught me about our pre-earthly existence and the purpose of life. It had only been a few years since he had returned from service as a Marine in World War II, so it was natural that his 10-year-old son immediately imagined a great battle with planes, tanks, and bazookas. What a war it must have been, I thought.

How disappointed I was when he told me the implements of that special conflict were … words.
Words? How exciting could that have been? I liked my version better.

But I soon grasped the importance of this hinge event in our existence and the “weapons” we used to defend the principle of agency and God's plan for the happiness of His children. And I grew to understand that this war has not ended, that only the battlefield has changed.
That battlefield is now California and the parallels between that pre-mortal conflict and the battle over the definition of marriage are striking.

The scriptures tell us the beginning (“Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man” 1) and the end of the heavenly phase of that war (“he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” 2), but they do not reveal the details of the conflict itself. We can deduce, however, that Lucifer and his followers must have used very effective arguments to turn a third of the hosts of heaven away from the Father despite pure knowledge of God's will.

From 35 years of studying arguments in political campaigns, and a bit of reverse engineering, here is my stab at what these arguments might have been.

To read the rest of the article CLICK HERE.

No comments: