Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thrill seeking

I am not a thrill seeker. I don't chase adrenaline rushes. I don't quite understand the fascination of doing something to scare the poop out of me.


So when my hubby, his boss and his boss' 7 year old boy made me walk up the Mayan Temple at the Atlantis Resort to go on the water slides... I was not interested.


We did the Serpent Slide first. It was fun. You are actually in a tube ...and in the end the sharks are swimming all around you. The next slide they decided I needed to go on was the Leap of Faith. I didn't see why I would want to... it's a 60 foot vertical drop. I didn't even have an inner tube to sit on like the Serpent Slide. Pretty soon a crowd of rotund guys were there cheering me on and the fun Bahamian workers were coaxing me. In the end I didn't have much of a choice. So I crossed my legs and my arms and my husband pushed me down.

To say I screamed my way down is... to put it lightly. After I landed in the water my heart had shifted positions in my chest. My legs shook as I walked away from that slide.

After that they made me go on the Challenger Slides... I screamed on that too.

I'm not going to go on that Leap of Faith again... I have plenty of faith, thank you very much. But... I guess I can say I did it. If a wimp like me can... anyone can... although, why you'd want to... I have no idea.
ps. We miss our sweet girls... but they're probably having too much fun without us.

3 comments:

La Yen said...

W refers to those as giant enemas.

Guileless Mom said...

;) We always called them "instant enemas" growing up

QueenScarlett said...

I will now call them enemas.

Although... now I wish someone had captured a picture of me having one...