Friday, April 1, 2011

Fooled in April


I spent all day with my 4YO cleaning the house.

My 6YO went to a friend's house for a play date right after school. I picked her up at 4:30pm and on the way home she asked me to hand her her back pack.

When I stopped at a stop sign she told me she had a bad day today, then handed me this slip of paper:



We have been dealing with people bullying her (which I'll address next week)- so I had no idea how to process this, except that my heart dropped and I knew I would need to contact her teacher right away. I knew this was not in her personality, but there was this slip of paper, and until I had all the information, I wasn't sure what to do or say, except, "whaaa???" As I was trying to formulate some plan of action in my muddled brain, my daughter hands me a pink card that said "April Fool's!" from her teacher and herself.

Best joke ever.

Then I called my husband and told him I didn't know what to do about our daughter, and that when he came home from work he'd need to talk to her.

As soon as he came in, she hung her head, like a pro, handed him the slip above and he immediately gave her a hug, told her he loved her and that they should go upstairs and have a talk. She then whipped out her "April Fool's" card and got him good as well.

Bloody Brilliant Day!

I'm so proud of her. Can't wait to see what we have in store for us as she grows up.

Did you have any amazing tricks pulled on you today?


5 comments:

Carina said...

My son walked in the door from school. His shirt was backward. Turns out that right before he left this morning he turned it around as a joke. I didn't notice because he'd put on his coat. It made me giggle, that's for sure!

QueenScarlett said...

love that... I want our kids to play together. My 4YO likes to wear pajamas inside out and backwards...all the time.

Emily said...

My daughter texted me to tell me she was throwing up at home and had done so three times. I hopped up from the table (I was out to dinner with a couple girlfriends) and we jumped in the car. She then April Fooled me--and was in super big trouble!

lduffin said...

Okay I have two. I had a neighbor once whose husband always clipped his toenails and left the clippings all over the place. She was fed up and collected them for a year and on April Fools day she stuck them all over in his sandwich.

Another friend sew the fly shut in her husbands g's (back when they were one piece). HA HA

QueenScarlett said...

Emily - holy cow... bet she'll try that again... ;-)

TD - EW! ack... the last one... hahahahahaah