Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pssst.... I'm a lizzzzzzzzzard


This week, when my 4YO and I were playing in the toilet paper, paper towel fort she and her 6YO sister had made in the family room... we made a little discovery.

A tiny lizard.



4YO: Look Mom! There's a lizard!
QS: Are you kidding me? Where?
4YO: There.
QS: OH MY GOSH THERE'S A LIZARD! DON'T MOVE! DON'T MOVE! (she didn't move, I was trying to make myself not move) Let me try to figure this out.
4YO: Are we going to catch him? Can we keep him for our pet?
QS: WAIT... I need to catch him first.

I did catch him.

After I panicked.

I found a pink, plastic tea cup nearby, and a paper plate. I scooped him up and took him outside. I tried to find the insect container we had in our garage, that was temporarily out in the backyard with all our other garage stuff, but couldn't figure out where my husband had put it. So, I emptied the strawberries and placed him in the strawberry container. We wanted to save him to show big sister when she came home.


Somehow, the smart little, survivor-lizard, escaped. (es-cop-ay - Dory-style)

We're just glad we took some pictures before that daring escapade.

By the way, what are you doing on Friday?

I'll be posting "Friday: A Family Lives Here".
Will you join me?

Here's the button.


Photobucket



Here's my post from last week. I hope you join in on my weekly carnival. I love visiting and discovering what you're all doing as you gather evidence in your own homes.

Cheers!

No comments: