Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break

6YO is wearing a mini boden shrug and old navy dress. 4YO is wearing a Costco dress. Hair bands from Target.


Today is our first day of spring break.

*Wahoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!*

We have two weeks off. Which is nice. Although, I would trade in one week to get out of school a week earlier. But that's just me.

In the meantime, we began today sleeping in until 9am. I did drag myself out of bed to make Phantom breakfast and lunch to-go... you know, because he works hard for the money.

When the girls and I finally made it downstairs we discovered that the ants had discovered a bounteous feast of crumbs underneath the kitchen table. So while the girls had breakfast, I went into raid, vacuum, mop mode. The floor is now sanitized.

Then off to the post office to mail our taxes, a few other packages, and Thai for lunch. Spicy hot green curry with tofu hits the spot every time. It hadn't started raining so we headed to frozen yogurt after lunch, the girls played "red light green light" in the mild drizzle, and we sought refuge in the car once it started coming down.

Now? Now they are playing in the garage, while I do an endless mountain of laundry. Mondays and Fridays are usually my cleaning days, so spring break is off to a great start so far!

Cheers!

No comments: